Harmony® Breast Pump
Item # 67186
A manual (hand-powered) pump with 2-Phase Expression. For moms who only need to pump occasionally.
Harmony Features & Benefits
- Single manual pump: For occasional time away from baby
- 2-Phase Expression Technology: More milk in less time when pumping at Maximum Comfort Vacuum™ in the Expression phase
- Soft-touch, ergonomic swivel handle: For comfort
- 24 mm PersonalFit™ breast shield: Other sizes available separately
- Bottle stand: Helps prevent spills
- Safe for mom and baby: All parts that come into contact with breast milk are made without BPA
- IMPORTANT: If you experience discomfort while pumping, contact a lactation professional. You may need a larger size PersonalFit™ breastshield to reduce the possibility of nipple irritation or injury.
- IMPORTANT: This product is a single user item. Use by more than one user may pose a health risk, performance questions, and voids the warranty
Harmony® Breast Pump - An Overview
Looking for a manual pump to use on those occasions when you can't be with baby?
Harmony is a single, manual breast pump designed for occasional time away from baby.
- 2-Phase Expression® technology is proven to produce more milk in less time.*
- The best selling manual breast pump.1
What is 2-Phase Expression Technology?
Through research, Medela learned that there are two distinct phases of how babies breastfeed.
- Stimulation phase – When babies first go to breast, they suck fast and light to stimulate milk flow.
- Expression phase – After milk flow or “let-down” starts, babies breastfeed with a slower, deeper suck, bringing out more milk faster.
With this technology, Medela breast pumps work more like breastfeeding babies.
*When pumping at Maximum Comfort Vacuum™ in the Expression phase.
1 - 2011 Medela Tracker Study
- 1 - Harmony breast pump
- 1 - PersonalFit 24mm breast shield
- 2 - 5oz/150mL breast milk bottles with lid and stand
- 1 - valve
- Instructions for use
- Breastfeeding Information Guide
Yes, all PersonalFit breast shields work on the Harmony breast pump.
- You can safely store your breast milk for up to 10 hours* with Pump In Style Advanced and Freestyle breast pump cooler bags.
- Direct exposure to the sun, like leaving the cooler in a car, severely reduces the cooling effectiveness.
- Breast milk is safe stored in a cooler at/or below 59 degrees for up to 24 hours.
- The liquid inside the cooling elements is water with food grade dye. The liquid is non-toxic.
- Medela does not have recommendations for storing breast milk with dry ice. Consult a lactation consultant or healthcare provider for further information.
*When ice pack is frozen solid
In the past it was thought that mothers needed to make more and more milk as their babies grew. Scientists now know that a healthy milk supply remains fairly constant over the six (6) months of exclusive breastfeeding. Your baby will take the amount he needs.
During the early weeks, babies eat very frequently and grow very quickly. By day 10-14, babies should regain any weight they lost after birth. For the next few months babies will gain about an ½ ounce to 1 ounce a day.
Around three (3) to four (4) months, a breastfed baby’s rate of grown begins to slow down. Your milk supply will continue to satisfy the baby until it is time to introduce solids at 6 months.
Be the end of the first week of life, women who are breastfeeding one baby normally make between 19 to 30 ounces of milk each day. Infants between one (1) and six (6) months of age normally drink an average of 19 to 30 ounces a day.
An average size “meal” for a baby is between three (3) to five (5) ounces of breastmilk. Formula is harder to digest and less well absorbed. Formula fed babies may need larger feeds. Consult your healthcare professional for advice.
Prior to each use:
1. Disassemble the PersonalFit™ breastshield, pump body, valve, membrane and bottle. Note: All parts are to be disassembled and washed separately for the pump to function efficiently.
2. Wash remaining parts in dishwasher or in soapy water and rinse well.
3. Air dry parts on clean towel and cover when not in use.
Under normal use, the pump handle and diaphragm/stem only need to be cleaned periodically or when it is apparent they have become soiled. Do not remove small white o-ring from stem.
Do not use with Quick Clean™ Micro-Steam™ bags. Wash only according to instructions above or included in the Harmony Manual Breastpump Instructions for Use.