Breast Milk Storage Solution™
Item # 101037168
The perfect collection to complement a Medela breast pump. This complete system, made without BPA, allows mom to safely store, organize and protect her breast milk throughout her breastfeeding experience.
Features & Benefits
- Store & organize: Everything a mom needs to store, organize and protect her breast milk
- Customized storage: Complete assortment of storage containers for baby's growing and changing breast milk needs
- Convenient: Versatile tray can be used in fridge, freezer or counter
- Organize & protect: Unique lids helps mom quickly identify which bottle to feed next
- Made without BPA: All parts that come into contact with breast milk are not made with BPA
The Breast Milk Storage Solution™ is the perfect complement to any Medela breast pump. The complete system allows you to safely store, organize, and protect your breast milk throughout your breastfeeding experience. Medela breast milk bottles, labeling lids, and Pump & Save™ breast milk bags are compatible with all Medela breast pumps and ideal for short or long-term storage. The extra containers are also great to pump into for fast, easy breast milk storage.
- 6 - 5oz/150mL breast milk bottles
- 6 - 2.7oz/80mL breast milk bottles & lids
- 6 - breast milk labeling lids
- 25 - 6oz/180ml Breast Milk Storage bags
- 1 - storage tray
- 1 - breast milk storage guidelines magnet
Important: Plastic bottles and component parts become brittle when frozen and may break when dropped. Also, bottles and component parts may become damaged if mishandled, e.g. dropped, over-tightened, or knocked over. Take appropriate care in handling bottles and components. Do not use the breast milk if bottles or components become damaged.
- Unit Size/Packaging: 9 3/4 x 11 7/8 x 4 1/2
- Unit Weight: 1.8 lbs
Medela does not suggest the use of bottle liners as anything placed into the bottle can interfere with the valve assembly causing lack of suction. If you wish to use a bottle liner, pump into Medela bottles and then pour the collected breast milk into the bottle liner.
- It is normal for pumped milk to vary in color and consistency depending on your diet. Stored milk will separate into layers and the cream will rise to the top. Gently swirl (don’t shake) the bottle to mix the milk layers.
- Avoid adding freshly pumped milk to already cooled milk. You can add small amounts of cooled breast milk to the same refrigerated container throughout the day.
- Pumped milk may be added to frozen milk provided it is first chilled and the quantity is less than what is frozen.
- Store your milk in Medela’s BPA-free breast milk collection bottles or in storage bags specifically designed for breast milk, such as Medela’s BPA-free Pump & Save™ bags.
- Freeze milk in two (2) to four (4) ounce portions. Small amounts thaw more quickly. You will waste less milk this way. Be sure to leave some extra room at the top of the container so the bottle or bag will not overflow when freezing or thawing.
- Seal containers tightly. Write the date on a piece of tape and place on the bag or bottle. Use the oldest milk first.
- If you do not plan to use the milk within a few days, freeze it right away in the coldest section of your freezer.
To help prevent accidental leaks:
- Ensure that the zipper on the bag closed properly.
- If milk is trapped in the zipper, attempt to clean out the milk. Milk in the zipper may expand during freezing, causing a potential leak.
- Handle bags with care once frozen. Be careful not to drop bags or have bags bang together.
- Store bags in the upright standing position to prevent damage. Do not store bags lying flat or stacked on top of each other.
- Place newest bottles or bags of breastmilk in the tray just behind the "IN" arrow, naturally rotating bottles or bags already in the tray toward the "OUT" arrow.
- When ready to feed, remove bottle or bag from the side of the tray with the "OUT" arrow.
- Arrows remind the person feeding baby that the older breastmilk is used first to help prevent wasted/spoiled milk.
Each silicone nipple is stamped with an “S” for Slow-flow or an “M” for Medium-flow.
Wide base slow flow 0-4 months.
Wide base medium flow 4-12 months.
Medela breast milk bottles are made of FDA food contact grade polypropylene. Medela bottles are BPA-Free and designed for safe feeding and long-term storage of breast milk.
Polypropylene has a recycle number of 5 or PP stamped into the plastic item. Medela only uses new, virgin materials in manufacturing of all products.
- Prior to first use, bring water to boil then place lids & bottles in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- For regular cleaning, all components may be washed on top rack of dishwasher. Labeling lids and breast milk bottles may be sanitized in boiling water for 10 minutes. To hand wash, rinse in cool water to remove breast milk, wash in warm soapy water and rinse with clear water. Air dry in clean area and store when not in use. Do NOT store wet or damp parts. Labeling lids and breast milk bottles may also be sanitized using a Quick Clean™ Micro-Steam™ bag.
- Always test temperature of breast milk before feeding to your baby.
- Always inspect the bottle, nipple and other components before and after each use.
- To prevent possible choking hazard, test strength of nipple by pulling on bulb portion. If nipples appear cracked or torn, discontinue use immediately.
- Infants must not be bottle fed without adult supervision.
- Do not allow child to walk or run with bottle.
- Do not let child take bottle to bed or self-feed for long periods of time.
- Do not attempt to enlarge the nipple hole.
- Nipples should not be used as pacifiers.
- IMPORTANT: Plastic bottles and component parts become brittle when frozen and may break when dropped. Also, bottles and component parts may become damaged if mishandled, e.g. dropped, over-tightened, or knocked over. Take appropriate care in handling bottles and components. Do not use the breast milk if bottles or components become damaged.