Symphony® Breast Milk Initiation Kit with Silicone Tubing
Helping parents achieve their breast milk feeding goals is a powerful tool for developing trust and improving health outcomes. When used with the Symphony PLUS ® Breast Pump, Medela’s sterile breast pump sets (kits) support the three stages of milk production: Initiate.Build.Maintain ™. Medela offers several breast pump set options that can be used throughout the entire pumping experience and are designed to meet individual hospital and patient needs.
Item # 101042764
Features & Benefits
- Sterile breast pump set for use with all Symphony Breast Pumps, for single or double pumping*: Ready to use right out of the package, and enables single or double pumping with all Symphony Breast Pump models. Medela researchers found that double pumping obtains 18% more milk on average, compared to single pumping.**
- Two sets of PersonalFit™ PLUS breast shields (24 mm and 27 mm): The PersonalFit PLUS is a groundbreaking new breast shield design. This pump set offers two different size breast shields to accommodate individual needs and offers greater flexibility and comfort during the various stages of nursing. Learn more at MedelaPersonalFitPLUS.com
- Two sets of collection containers (35 mL and 80 mL): Ideal for setting proper expectations of initial milk production. The 35 mL colostrum container and 80 mL collection container feature a curved bottom to minimize the loss of breast milk during transfer to a syringe.
- Cleanable and reusable: Reusable between the same user, eliminating the need to use multiple pumping sets.
- Packaged in a sturdy tray: The sturdy tray packaging doubles as an in-patient washbasin. It’s transparent so contents are easily visible, has easy to open Tyvek, and is made from recyclable material.
- All parts that touch breast milk are made without natural rubber latex, BPA or DEHP: Safe for patients and their babies.
How to Set Up the Symphony Breast Pump
The Symphony Breast Milk Initiation Kit with silicone tubing contains everything needed for families to double pump with a Symphony breast pump. Medela researchers found that double pumping obtains 18% more milk on average, compared to single pumping. This breast pump set offers silicone tubing as an alternative to the traditional PVC tubing commonly used in breast pump sets. The collection containers are smaller in size to help set the proper expectations of initial milk production and have a curved bottom to minimize the loss of breast milk when transferring to a syringe. There are two sets of different size PersonalFit PLUS breast shields to accommodate individual needs and offer greater flexibility and comfort during the various stages of nursing. The PersonalFit PLUS is a groundbreaking new breast shield design proven to obtain more milk in the same time compared to the standard design. This breast pump set is sterile, making it ready to use right out of the packaging. The rigid tray packaging can double as a wash basin, ensuring there is a clean dedicated basin for families to wash pump parts in the hospital.
*Designed to be used with the Symphony and Symphony PLUS Breast Pump only. Not compatible with Medela Personal Use Breast Pumps.
**Prime DK et al. Breastfeed Med. 2012; 7(6):442-447
(2) 24 mm PersonalFit™ PLUS Breast Shields
(2) 27 mm PersonalFit™ PLUS Breast Shields
(2) PersonalFit Connectors
(2) Symphony Membranes Caps and Protective Membranes
(2) Silicone Tubing with Adapters
(2) 35 mL Colostrum Containers and Lids
(2) 80 mL Containers and Lids
(1) Instruction for Use Document
- Purchasable in case quantity only
- Unit weight: 0.73 lbs
- Unit dimensions/ package: 3.54" x 11.61" x 9.57"
- Case weight: 9.4 lbs
- Case dimensions/packaging: 18.31" x 20.19" x 12.25"
- Warranty: 90 days. Please contact Medela Customer Service for warranty replacement.
- COO: Manufactured exclusively for Medela LLC. Components from U.S.A., China and Switzerland.
Warning: Breast pump kits are a personal care item intended for use by a single user only and should not be shared between users