Symphony® Single Breast Pump Kit - Sterile
Helping parents achieve their breast milk feeding goals is a powerful tool for developing trust and improving health outcomes. When used with the Symphony PLUS® Breast Pump, Medela’s sterile breast pump sets (kits) support the three stages of milk production: Initiate.Build.Maintain™. Medela offers several breast pump set options that can be used throughout the entire pumping experience and are designed to meet individual hospital and patient needs.
Item # 101040420
Features & Benefits
- Sterile Breast Pump Set for Use with All Symphony Breast Pumps, for Single Pumping*: Ready to use right out of the package, and enables single pumping with all Symphony Breast Pump models.
- PersonalFit™ PLUS Breast Shields (24 mm): The PersonalFit PLUS is a groundbreaking new breast shield design. Learn more at MedelaPersonalFitPLUS.com
- Cleanable and Reusable: Reusable between the same user, eliminating the need to use multiple pumping sets.
- Packaged in a Sturdy Tray: The sturdy tray packaging doubles as an in-patient wash basin. It is transparent so contents are easily visible, has easy to open Tyvek, and is made from recyclable material.
- All Parts that Touch Breast Milk are Made Without Natural Rubber Latex, BPA, PVC or DEHP: Safe for patients and their babies.
How to Set Up the Symphony Breast Pump
The Symphony Single Breast Pump kit contains everything needed for families to single pump with a Symphony breast pump. It is designed to provide low-cost, effective alternatives for families that breastfeed and therefore may not need to pump frequently. However, Medela researchers found that double pumping obtains 18% more milk on average, compared to single pumping.** Therefore, Medela recommends double pumping when exclusive pumping is required. This breast pump set offers silicone tubing as an alternative to the traditional PVC tubing commonly used in breast pump sets. Contains a 24 mm PersonalFit™ PLUS breast shield (1) and a 150 mL collection container (1). It is sterile, making it ready to use right out of the packaging. The rigid tray packaging can double as a wash basin, ensuring there is a clean and dedicated basin for families to wash pump parts in the hospital.
*Designed to be used with the Symphony and Symphony PLUS Breast Pump only. Not compatible with Medela Personal Use Breast Pumps.
**Prime DK et al. Breastfeed Med. 2012; 7(6):442-447
- (1) 24 mm PersonalFit(tm) PLUS Breast Shields
- (1) PersonalFit Connectors
- (1) Valve
- (3) Membranes
- (1) Symphony Membranes Caps and Protective Membranes
- (1) Silicone Tubing with Adapters
- (1) 150 mL Collection Containers
- (1) Instruction for Use Document
- Purchasable in case quantity only
- Unit weight: 0.40 lbs
- Unit dimensions/ package: 3.54” x 9.57” x 5.72”
- Case weight: 5.3 lbs
- Case dimensions/packaging: 18.31” x 12.38” x 10.13”
Warranty: 90 days. Please contact Medela Customer Service for warranty replacement.
COO: Manufactured exclusively for Medela LLC. Components from U.S.A., China and Switzerland.
Warning: Breast pump kits are a personal care item intended for use by a single user only and should not be shared between users