Breast Milk Recipe: Vanilla Cinnamon Breast Milk Pancakes
There are so many creative ways to include your liquid gold in yummy, healthy recipes for your growing little one. Here's a new spin on a classic breakfast staple!
Looking for Ways to Use Your Extra Supply? Try Cooking with Breast Milk!
There’s SO many creative ways to use extra breast milk. If you’re experimenting in the kitchen and trying your hand at cooking with breast milk, give our vanilla cinnamon pancakes recipe a try!
Be sure to make them small and cut the cooked pancakes into little pieces to make it even easier for tiny hands and mouths to touch, grasp, and eat. These pancakes aren’t just a breakfast staple – save a few for a quick and tasty snack for your little one. The recipe below will make a modest number of pancakes (depending, of course, on how large or small you make them!), but can easily be doubled up for a larger batch if you’re planning your baby’s meals ahead of time.
Vanilla Cinnamon Breast Milk Pancakes
- All-purpose flour, 1 cup
- Sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon
- Himalayan pink salt, 1/8 teaspoon
- Baking powder, ½ tablespoon
- Breast milk, 1 cup
- Apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract, ½ tablespoon
- Cooking oil, ½ tablespoon
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, measure out your breast milk. Add the apple cider vinegar to make a breast milk buttermilk. Set this aside while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- Add your flour to a large bowl and stir in the other dry ingredients (your sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder).
- Pour the wet ingredients (your breast milk mixture, vanilla extract, and cooking oil) into the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Carefully whisk the batter, but be sure not to over-mix!
- Let the batter rest for about 3 minutes and heat your pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Heat more cooking oil in your pan or skillet, and then add about ¼ cup of batter.
- Your pancakes will be ready to flip once small bubbles begin to form and pop along the sides and top of the pancake.
- Flip and cook on each side until lightly browned and then serve!
Enjoy! Be sure to tag us in photos of your finished product on Instagram and let us know how your vanilla cinnamon breast milk pancakes turned out. Remember, you don’t have to be a Top Chef for successful cooking with breast milk – What’s most important is finding creative ways to ensure your little one is still getting your liquid gold as they grow and transition to a primarily solids diet.