15 Affirmations Every Nursing Mom Needs to Hear
Here are some positive thoughts to keep in mind next time you’re stressed out, maxed out, or are just able to steal a quiet moment for yourself.
Every now and then, it’s important to step back, take a breath, and look around at all the good things in your life: your family, your friends, your home, and of course, your ability to provide the best possible health and nutrition for your little one. Whether you exclusively breastfeed, exclusively pump, or do a little of both, you should be proud of yourself each and every day of your breastfeeding journey.
Here are some positive thoughts to keep in mind next time you’re stressed out, maxed out, or are just able to steal a quiet moment for yourself. Some of these affirmations help you remember the intricate benefits of breastfeeding, while others just help you feel the wonderful warmth of motherhood. Enjoy!
I am a mom. The most important, empowering calling in the world.
My baby and I benefit from the strong bonding effects of oxytocin – also called the “love hormone.” This breastfeeding hormone causes us to fall in love.
Breastfeeding helps protect my baby from many things including ear infections, diabetes and other diseases.
My body is amazing and wonderful, and I love all the things it can do.
Just because I don’t love every moment of motherhood doesn’t mean I don’t LOVE being a mom.
I accept and love my children for who they are—accidents, spills, and tantrums included!
I am happy and excited to support other breastfeeding moms, sharing stories, laughter and friendship.
Breastfeeding is awesome because the hormone, prolactin, not only makes milk but physically helps me relax.
Because I breastfeed, I have less risk of developing breast, ovarian and endometrial cancers.
I am so thankful for my life as a mom.
It’s okay to not be perfect.
I trust my feelings and insights as a mother.
My breast milk continuously adapts as my baby grows to meet his or her changing nutritional needs.
It’s okay for me to make and take time for myself. I understand I need to be healthy in mind, body and spirit in order to provide for my little ones.
It’s okay for me to ask for help and reach out to friends, family, medical professionals, and Lactation Consultants whenever necessary.
We had such a great response to the above affirmations that we decided to open it up to the moms on our social communities! We wanted to hear from you, and what positive thoughts or words have helped during your unique breast milk feeding and parenthood journeys. The responses were great and, most importantly, real – straight from moms like you! Here are some of our personal favorites:
- Every drop of liquid gold matters.
- Some days we produce more milk than others; this is normal and will happen. Keep doing it!
- Breathe and Netflix.
- YOU ARE AMAZING.
- Your baby appreciates every drop of milk you make and loves you for being their mommy.
- Each boob has a mind of its own!
- Just take it day by day. Set small goals. You got this!
- You’re a goddess.
- It’s worth it.
- Your baby has the best mom ever.
- However much you are producing is enough – YOU are enough.
- You were born to do this!
- Everyone struggles with “can I really do this?” YES! Yes, you can! You are not alone.
- Take it one session at a time!
- You are a milk goddess!
- You can do whatever you put your mind to.
- You can do it! And if you can’t, that’s okay too.
- Any amount that you pump or feed a baby is amazing.
- You are enough and doing more than enough!
- You’re amazing, mama! You’re doing better than you think you are! You’ve got this.
- Your love for your baby is not measured in ounces.
- You are doing all you can. You are a super woman! Be proud!
- Babies nurse for comfort, not only hunger. You have enough milk for your baby!
- You are more than just food.
- Just keep pumping.
No one truly understands what exactly a breast milk feeding mama might need to hear – besides other breastfeeding parents! Remember, Medela is here for you every step of the way through your breastfeeding journey.