Freestyle Flex™ Double Electric Breast Pump
Item # 101037980
Medela’s Freestyle Flex™ Double Electric Breast Pump is designed to seamlessly fit your active lifestyle: its light, compact size and rechargeable battery offer the flexibility to express wherever and whenever you like, with no compromise on pumping performance.
Suggested Retail Price
Freestyle Flex Features & Benefits
- Compact and light: Easy to carry & fits in the palm of your hand. Weighs less than 1 pound
- Closed system with Overflow Protection: Prevents your breast milk from entering the tubing and motor
- Backlit touchscreen: Makes pumping at night easier than ever
- PersonalFit Flex™ Breast Shields: Adapt to your breast shape for personalized comfort and 11.8% faster milk flow compared to traditional 90° breast shield. (two sizes included)
- Portable microfiber carry bag designed specifically for your Freestyle Flex Breast Pump parts: Provides convenient transportation and organization
- Built-in, USB-chargeable* battery for convenient pumping anywhere you are: 2-hour battery life between charges *Only use the power adapter and cable that comes with the breast pump
- Connectivity to Medela Family app: Allows you to create a personalized profile tailored to your needs
- 2-Phase Expression®: Technology mimics baby’s natural sucking rhythm – faster at first to stimulate milk flow, then slower to feed – for more comfortable and efficient pumping
Freestyle Flex™ An Overview
Medela’s Freestyle Flex™ Double Electric Breast Pump is light, compact, and designed for your active lifestyle. Weighing less than 1 pound and featuring a USB rechargeable battery for the freedom to pump whenever and wherever you’d like – with no compromise on pumping performance – Freestyle Flex fits into the palm of your hand and can be easily slipped into a purse or baby bag, so you can get on with your busy day!
Our research-based technology is seamlessly integrated into Freestyle Flex, which means:
Double pumping with Freestyle Flex equals more milk in less time than pumping from each breast in turn.*
2-Phase Expression Technology closely mimics your baby’s natural sucking rhythms.
Overflow Protection (a closed system) prevents your milk from entering the pump’s tubing or motor.
PersonalFit Flex™ Breast Shields adapt to your shape for individual comfort and increased milk flow.**
Embrace the mobility of Freestyle Flex and pump hands-free with the Easy Expression™ Bustier!
* Prime DK et al. Breastfeed Med. 2012; 7(2):100–106.
** Prime DK et al. 6th ABM Europe Conference, Rotterdam, NL; 2018.
(1) breast pump with rechargeable lithium-ion battery
(2) 21mm PersonalFit Flex™ Breast Shields
(2) 24mm PersonalFit Flex™ Breast Shields
(2) PersonalFit Flex™ Connectors
(4) 5oz/150ml bottles with lids
(2) bottle stands
(1) carry bag
(1) cooler bag with cooling element
(1) power adaptor with USB-C charging cable
Important: Plastic bottles and component parts become brittle when frozen and may break when dropped. Also, bottles and component parts may become damaged if mishandled, e.g. dropped, over-tightened, or knocked over. Take appropriate care in handling bottles and components. Do not use the breast milk if bottles or components become damaged.
- Color bag: black
- Power input: 100-240V~/50-60Hz/400-200mA
- Unit weight: <1.0lbs. (breast pump only)/ 5.63 lbs. (in retail package)
- Unit size/package: 13 5/16 x 7 x 9 ½ (LxWxH)
- Warranty: 1 year limited on motor/90 days on other parts. Please contact Medela Customer Service for warranty replacement.
IMPORTANT: Use of pump parts or accessories not designed for your specific breast pump may cause irreversible damage to the product. For that reason, only use the accessories that came with, or are identified by Medela to work with, your specific breast pump model.
Please check your instruction manual for complete cleaning directions. Before use, ensure that the connectors and tubing are completely dry. Tubing should be hung to dry - do not dry tubing by running the pump with wet tubing connected. Pump operation with wet or moist tubing can lead to irreversible damage to the pump.
Freestyle Flex's tubing and power adaptor were developed exclusively for Freestyle Flex. Only PersonalFit Flex™ Breast Shields and Connectors should to be used with Freestyle Flex. Our PersonalFit Flex connectors create a closed system, designed to prevent milk back-up into tubing. Use with other connectors could cause irreversible damage to your breast pump. Additionally, if using a non-compatible connector, you may experience vacuum levels outside of our clinically safe vacuum ranges.
No. Although your Freestyle Flex Breast Pump may seem to physically "fit" the connectors from Symphony or Pump in Style Advanced, they are NOT compatible.
Freestyle Flex is only compatible with Medela's PersonalFit Flex™ Connector. Our PersonalFit Flex Connectors create a closed system, designed to prevent milk back-up into tubing. Use with other connectors could cause irreversible damage to your breast pump. Additionally, if using a non-compatible connector, you may experience vacuum levels outside of our clinically safe vacuum ranges.