Harmony® Breast Pump with PersonalFit Flex™
Harmony is a manual breast pump designed for brief times away from your baby. This breast pump is a great option for travel or as an occasional back-up to your double electric breast pump. A small, lightweight, and portable design makes transport easy and discreet for convenient pumping at home, at work, or on the go.
Best of all, an included PersonalFit Flex breast shield means more milk faster*. These shields are designed to reduce pressure on the breast and optimize milk flow, giving you more milk faster.
*when compared to the traditional 90° breast shield
Item # 101041149
Harmony Hand Pump Features & Benefits
- Quick & Easy in a Pinch: Single manual pump great for occasional time away from baby.
- Compact, Light, and Portable: Take the Harmony® anywhere you go.
- Discreet & Quiet: Pump with it confidence anytime and anywhere.
- Proven More Comfort, More Milk: PersonalFit Flex™ breast shields are research-based and shown to increase comfort and help produce more milk1.
- Mimics Baby: 2-Phase Expression technology integrated into Harmony's unique handle to help you mimic your baby's natural suckling rhythm2,3.
- Simple to Use: Intuitive and ergonomic design.
- Easy to Clean: Easy assembly and disassembly, also washing and sanitizing Harmony® is simple.
- Prevents Spills: New bottle stand is great to secure the Harmony & bottle set to help prevent spills.
- Safe for Mom and Baby: All parts that come into contact with breast milk are made without BPA.
Shaped Around You
Harmony is a single, manual breast pump designed for occasional time away from baby.
Small enough to fit into a handbag and with no need for batteries or wires. It is perfect for moms who pump occasionally and need a lightweight travel companion.
As the #1 mom and doctor recommended breast pump brand*, Medela provides the best in research-based breast milk feeding products. Thanks to the unique combination of a 105-degree opening angle, soft rim and oval shape for a better fit, the PersonalFit Flex™ breast shield puts less pressure on your milk ducts, resulting in a more effective and comfortable pumping experience – clinically proven.1
The unique ergonomic handle has 2-Phase Expression technology to allow you to mimic your baby’s sucking rhythm2,3. To fully benefit from handle’s functionality, first use the short side at a fast pace to stimulate milk flow. After you see breast milk flowing, use the long side of the handle to extract your milk.
*IQVIA ProVoice Survey, September 2019 – August 2020
1 Sakalidis VS et al. Breast shield design impacts milk removal dynamics during pumping: A randomised controlled non-inferiority trial. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2020:doi: 10.1111/aogs.13897.
2 Kent JC et al. Response of breasts to different stimulation patterns of an electric breast pump. J Hum Lact. 2003; 19(2):179–186.
3 Mitoulas L et al. Effect of vacuum profile on breast milk expression using an electric breast pump. J Hum Lact. 2002; 18(4):353–360.
- (1) Harmony breast pump (handle, diaphragm, stem with o-ring)
- (1) 24 mm PersonalFit Flex™ breast shield
- (1) 5 oz/150 mL breast milk bottle with lid
- (1) Valve & Membrane
- (1) Harmony Connector
- (1) Bottle stand
- Instructions for use
Yes, all PersonalFit breast shields work on the Harmony breast pump.
In the past it was thought that mothers needed to make more and more milk as their babies grew. Scientists now know that a healthy milk supply remains fairly constant over the six (6) months of exclusive breastfeeding. Your baby will take the amount he needs.
During the early weeks, babies eat very frequently and grow very quickly. By day 10-14, babies should regain any weight they lost after birth. For the next few months babies will gain about an ½ ounce to 1 ounce a day.
Around three (3) to four (4) months, a breastfed baby’s rate of grown begins to slow down. Your milk supply will continue to satisfy the baby until it is time to introduce solids at 6 months.
Be the end of the first week of life, women who are breastfeeding one baby normally make between 19 to 30 ounces of milk each day. Infants between one (1) and six (6) months of age normally drink an average of 19 to 30 ounces a day.
An average size “meal” for a baby is between three (3) to five (5) ounces of breastmilk. Formula is harder to digest and less well absorbed. Formula fed babies may need larger feeds. Consult your healthcare professional for advice.
Click here or more information about choosing the right size breast shield.
Yes, Harmony® is now even more effective than before! This is thanks to the PersonalFit Flex™ breast shield, that is clinically proven1 to provide more milk and empty the breast better compared to the use of a traditional breast shield. Its unique combination of a 105-degree opening angle, soft rim and oval shape help reduce pressure on your milk ducts, resulting in better milk flow and an overall more comfortable experience.
- You can safely store your breast milk for up to 10 hours* with Pump In Style Advanced and Freestyle breast pump cooler bags.
- Direct exposure to the sun, like leaving the cooler in a car, severely reduces the cooling effectiveness.
- Breast milk is safe stored in a cooler at/or below 59 degrees for up to 24 hours.
- The liquid inside the cooling elements is water with food grade dye. The liquid is non-toxic.
- Medela does not have recommendations for storing breast milk with dry ice. Consult a lactation consultant or healthcare provider for further information.
*When ice pack is frozen solid