Symphony PLUS® Breast Pump
Symphony PLUS® is a hospital-grade (multi-user) breast pump engineered with Initiation Technology™ to help build and maintain your breast milk supply – Using the Symphony PLUS soon after birth can significantly increase your milk supply* and is available to rent to your home.
* Meier,P.P., Engstrom,J.L., Janes,J.E., Jegier,B.J., & Loera,F. Breast pump suction patterns that mimic the human infant during breastfeeding: Greater milk output in less time spent pumping for breast pump-dependent mothers with premature infants. J Perinatol 32, 103–110 (2012).
Item # 0240215
Symphony Plus Features & Benefits
- Initiation Technology™: Used soon after birth can significantly increase breast milk production. INITIATE program contains a mixture of stimulation phases, an expression phase and a pause phase.
- 2-Phase Expression® technology: Can be used by all mothers to help build and maintain milk production. MAINTAIN program can be used to build upon initiation and maintain their milk production.
- Convenient: Single or double pumping.
- Two separate, independent membrane units: Allows switching between single and double pumping by simply applying or removing the second collection kit to the breast.
- Let-down button: Moms can easily return to stimulation by pressing the let-down button.
- Initiate and maintain milk supply: If direct breastfeeding is not possible, as well as collect breast milk at work or during other absences from the baby.
- Hospital grade (multi-user): The pump's kit is separate from the pumping mechanism and protected from overflow by a specially designed membrane.
Why use Symphony PLUS®?
The first few days after birth are exciting and special, and an important time for initiating your breast milk supply. Successful initiation can help you have more success in all stages of breast milk production – and Symphony PLUS can help!
PLUS supports new moms just like you with clinically researched breast pump technology – known as Initiation Technology™ - to help you successfully initiate, build, and maintain your breast milk supply. In fact, using the Symphony PLUS soon after birth can significantly increase your breast milk supply*. With PLUS, moms who exclusively pump can express enough milk to support a breast milk-only diet for their baby.
This hospital-grade (multi-user) breast pump can be rented through Medela, so you can ensure the same great technology at home that you’ve been using in the hospital - with easy switching between single or double pumping, based on your preferences.
- 1 - Symphony breast pump
- 1 - Symphony PLUS Program Card
- 1 - container stand
- 1 - quick start card
- 1 - protector for card/cord
- Unit Weight: 7.05 lbs
- Unit Size/Packaging: 10 1/4 x 8 1/4 x 12 1/2
- 3 year limited
When the Symphony message reads, "invalid card" it could mean that the card in the pump is not the correct program card; the card could be damaged or the card is not inserted correctly.
Unplug the pump and remove the card. Check the card to make sure it is the correct card and also check for damage. Replace if necessary. Make sure the card is inserted in the direction of the arrows and the arrows are visible.
Plug in the pump and press the let-down button and the power button at the same time. Hold for several seconds and release. Try the pump again. If this does not correct the problem, the pump would need to be sent back the rental station for return to Medela.
The button all the way to the left is the on/off button. The knob in the center of the unit controls the suction and speed. The button all the way to the right is the "let down" button. This button interrupts the first phase (stimulation phase) so you can go right to the expression phase without waiting for the 2 minute stimulation phase to end.
The Symphony automatically shuts off after 30 minutes with both battery and electric operation.
Use the individual setting and press the "let-down" button to directly use the expression mode.