How to Choose a Pump & Accessories
Take this quick survey and get instant recommendations just for you!
How often will you be pumping?
- I’ll be working or attending school full or part time.
- I prefer pumping or otherwise plan to pump on a daily basis.
- I’ll be breastfeeding most of the time but need pumped milk once in a while to run errands or enjoy an afternoon or night out.
- I don’t plan to pump; I’ll always be able to breastfeed my baby.
Would you like to rent or buy a pump?
- I need a breast pump for medical reasons (e.g., premature baby, hospitalized baby, low milk supply)
- I’m not sure if breastfeeding or pumping will work and I want to “try before I buy.”
- I want to use the same pump I used in the hospital.
- There are no medical issues requiring a hospital rental pump.
- I want the greater portability of a purchased pump.
- I have long-term breastmilk feeding goals and am comfortable with purchasing my own pump.
Which type of pump would you prefer?
- I want to save time by pumping both breasts at the same time.
- I want everything I need to pump and store breastmilk in one convenient bag for ease and portability.
- I have the extra time to pump just one side at a time.
- I want to pump on one side while breastfeeding on the other.
- I’ll only pump once in a while, and I don’t need to focus on other things while pumping. For these reasons, I want the most economical option.
What best describes you?
- I like to track my progress to be sure I am meeting my goals.
- I need a pump that is quiet for discretion and comfort.
- I’d like to be able to walk around while pumping, so I’d like something really lightweight that doesn’t have to be connected to a power cord (at my job, doing school work, working around the house, etc.).
- I need to be able to pump anywhere and everywhere!